Search This Blog

02 October 2016

Glasgow to Stirling

A wee thought on a Thursday evening made me to book the tickets to Stirling. For the past few weeks, I didn't get out from my place. I wasn't feeling any interest to explore or to travel. My family knows the reason why.

Thanks to God that he refreshed my mind and body. Another example of HIS promises coming true in life.
But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
(Isaiah 40:31)
I wanted to get out and explore on the Saturday. Conveyed the plan to Ani and hastily booked the tickets.

I had to leave at 7 am on Saturday morning. After sleeping late on that Friday, I was feeling lazy and decided to drop the travel plan at 6 am. But, I couldn't find the cancellation button on the Scotrail site. I didn't want to waste that money, so forced myself to pack and go with the plan. Felt really better after a hot bath in the morning. Prayed to God and got out to explore.


The railway station was deserted and I was the only one waiting for the train. A very cold day (for me) as usual :)


And I was the only person in the compartment when boarded the train. After 25 minutes, reached the Argyle Street station. The station exit to the Glasgow city center, to the heart of the city.

For the first time, I saw the fog filled Glasgow. It's somewhere between the summer end and winter start.


It was a cold morning and fresh air was a treat to the body. Not much people around. The shops weren't opened then.


Grabbed the usual Subway breakfast real quick and headed towards the Glasgow Queen Street station. The train commence from there to Stirling. 


The city was getting ready for a big day. The great Scottish Marathon was on Saturday. The road access around George street was closed and the event team were busy preparing the path and other facilities.

One and half hour of journey, took me to Stirling. No clue on where to start exploring the city. But the first thing first - let's grab a hot tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment